Motor Vehicle Registration

The Treasurer issues Wyoming/Sublette County (23) license plates. We also provide law enforcement and State authorities access to records of all vehicles registered in Sublette County.

Annual Registration Required

Annual registration is required for all motor vehicles. Annual registration is for 12 months from date of purchase or acquisition. The date of Acquisition is the day in which the vehicle was brought into Wyoming on a permanent basis.

Temporary Registration

A non-resident owner of a vehicle, or any owner upon transfer of ownership or lease, may obtain a temporary registration as an alternative to annual registration. A person may not obtain more than one temporary registration in a 12-month period per vehicle. The temporary registration authorizes operation of the vehicle on the highways of the State or Wyoming for a period of 30, 60, or 90 days.

Temporary Worker Decal

A temporary worker displaying a valid registration or license plate from another state who is employed in Wyoming, may choose to purchase a decal from the County Treasurer in lieu of registering the vehicle. The fee for a temporary decal shall be $50 per 30 days, up to 120 days may be purchased at one time.

In-Transit Permit

A one time "in transit" permit may be purchased for a fee of $20 per vehicle which entitles a person who obtains a vehicle from any person, other than a licensed Wyoming vehicle dealer, to operate the vehicle on highways of Wyoming without registration, only for the purpose of removing the vehicle from the state within a period of 48 hours from the date of permit. The permit shall expire 48 hours after issuance or upon leaving the state.

For more information on vehicle registration, please contact the County Treasurer at (307) 367-4373.

Renew Your Plates On-line

Pay for your vehicle registration renewal.